DIRECTOR OF PROCUREMENT
This is an exciting opportunity working for this International Service provider, this role is challenging, varied and evolving.
The role will be home based initially with travel to the various offices throughout the UK.
Key responsibilities will include and deliver the group strategy to develop capability and improve performance of key product & service suppliers.
The position will be integral to the success of the group procurement strategy and will interface across key areas of the business working in a collaborative way to ensure Group leverages it’s global spend.
You will assume leadership of current Group based indirect procurement teams and also have direct management of relevant personnel located in the various business sectors.
As an important member of the Group Procurement core team and Group wide Procurement Excellence Committee you will play a key role in strategy and decision making.
• Create a Global Indirect Category team to improve supplier performance and reduce cost across the Group.
• Develop the capability of the indirect teams across the Group.
• Implement a best-in-class category management approach to ensure Group has the right supply chain strategies to meet current and future business requirements.
• Leverage global spend wherever possible but without deterioration of quality
• Liaise effectively with various functional and business leaders to identify and fully satisfy requirements to meet customer expectations.
• Support the drive to automation and efficient working.
• Engage with the supply base to encourage and develop innovation..
• Support efforts to fully realise cost savings opportunities in other areas of the business.
• Strategic business partner to other related functions (IT, HR, Marketing etc).
• Review of in house and outsourced opportunities.
Education and Experience
• Educated to degree level or equivalent is preferred.
• At least 10 years’ experience of working in a large international corporate environment.
• Skilled in stakeholder management both internally and externally.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Experience in a successful fast moving and highly critical services business sector would be advantageous as well as Manufacturing, Engineering, Defence, Aerospace
• Demonstrated capability in leading supplier performance improvement strategy
• Broad knowledge of the main areas associated with indirect spend
• Accreditation to relevant professional institutes (i.e. CIPS)