This role sits within the Global division of the business and sits in the Netherlands Controllership team, reporting to the Country Controller.
In recent years this part of the business has grown significantly through both acquisition and organic wins.
This is a new role in the Netherlands Controllership Team and it will be assisting the Financial Controller with all aspects of financial control for legal entities under SarbanesOxley (SOX) and will be the main point of contact for any queries on these areas.
This is a very well-rounded role involving relationship with different internal stakeholders such as: Client teams, Procurement team, Tax team, Payroll team, US Corporate, internal as well as the external auditors.
Responsibilities will be varied and challenging and include:
Operating the Balance Sheet review control for all entities within scope for SOX which includes:
Reviewing all Balance Sheet reconciliations to confirm they have been prepared correctly
Ensuring that IPE for each reconciliation has been correctly documented and included
Ensuring that the underlying support for all reconciliation balances is accurate and robust, whilst also challenging any unsupported or unexplained variances
Ensure all reconciling variances are adequately explained and action items correctly documented
Effectively managing relationships between all external and internal stakeholders for this process
Being able to effectively prioritise processes to ensure the control timelines and deadlines are met
Support the Financial Controller to provide assurance that financial transactions are properly recorded, reported and compliant with US GAAP & Local GAAP
Provide timely and accurate financial information to the Regional and Local Financial Controllers within the region
Maintain, operate, improve, and report on financial reporting and accounting controls (including SOX), in line with Group policies and procedures.
Assist with the continuous improvement of financial accounting systems by highlighting any issues with current reports and bring them to resolution.
Support the Financial Controller with the coordination of audit queries
Assist the Regional Financial Controller and the Local Financial Reporting teams with any other ad hoc projects/work when areas of concern or focus are identified.
Ensure effective collaboration with the wider Controllership team and assist with any other ad hoc projects/work when areas of concern or focus are identified.
Be a role model and leader for the division: offer insight and training to the wider business as any opportunities arise
• The Financial Accountant is seen as assisting the Financial Controller in reviewing accounting processes and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Accurate, timely and relevant reporting for the balance sheet reconciliations.
• No unexpected risks or unexplained balances across the Benelux Balance Sheet
• Internal audit highlights that local procedures are robust and effective.
• No adverse SOX or external audit findings.
• Leading improvements and efficiencies to current processes.
Skills & Experience
• A recognised Accountancy Qualification min 2 years post qualified.
• Experience of similar role in a medium sized business.
• Use of MS Excel to an intermediate/advance level.
• Able to review and analyse large volumes of data.
• Strong IT skills that will allow the team to develop reports to achieve key tasks and to give the business a sound reporting base.
• Proactive, strong communication skills enabling the individual to work with employees of all levels and external customers or third parties.
• Committed to the delivery of excellence of customer service.
• Calm manner, able to work under pressure and manage rapidly changing demands and priorities.
• Highly organised, and able to effectively manage multiple tasks.
• Able to make sound decisions when needed and take accountability for outcomes.
• Must be detail conscious and methodical in approach.
• Able to deal discretely with sensitive information.