Global services business is looking for an experienced International Controller.
Reporting into the US parent, you will help manage, develop, and scale the international accounting department.
You’ll be responsible for owning the international accounting function while building for the future, overseeing a c€40M business.
A successful candidate should be comfortable with a fast-paced and dynamic environment, effectively manage multiple competing priorities with significant autonomy, and demonstrate high-quality judgement.
The International Controller is required to be both hands-on and work at a strategic level. If you are a quick learner who can think strategically while staying organized, paying attention to details and diving deep when needed, then this opportunity is for you. This position will report to the VP Corporate Controller.
The business is embarking upon an aggressive expansion strategy through internal investment in development as well as intensive M&A activity. The result will be a broader, more powerful, international company that serves customers across the entire supply chain, from wholesalers, to retailers, and every stop in between.
Responsibilities will be varied and challenging and include:
• Prepare and publish timely monthly & quarterly financial statements;
• Establish, implement, manage and monitor critical accounting and reporting policies, processes and associated metrics;
• Work closely with management team, set standards and drive compliance across the entire organization.
• Oversee finance operations (5 co-workers) including reporting, general ledger accounting, accounts payable, tax preparation and internal/external audit for international subsidiaries.
• Lead and build global accounting team including hiring and providing clear direction on strategy, goals and development.
• Establish and implement accounting policies and financial controls related to spending authorizations, cash management and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Maintain and enhance financial system integrity through data clean-up, process improvements and system feature/capability upgrades.
• Be a change agent for improving financial processes, establishing standard work/procedures, upgrading systems/technology and driving cost reductions.
• Assist with and able to take accountability for detailed-oriented projects such as accounting system implementations, business process improvements and reporting and operational enforcement of policies, and procedures, and internal controls
• Drive short-term process improvements with an eye toward longer term finance transformation improvements
• 10+ years with a mix of Practice and Industry
• Experience of working / reporting into a US parent company
• Experience with a fast-paced, always-on environment;
• Experience driving transformation and efficiencies in controls and accounting systems;
• Support month-end and year-end close process including annual statutory audit;
• Demonstrated knowledge of GAAP & IFRS, current accounting trends, and developments
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a data-driven mindset
• Proven success in managing large teams and leading through change
• Strong analytical skills
• Working knowledge of US GAAP accounting principles and processes
Strong relationship skills with the ability to foster a sense of community with internal and external stakeholders.