FP&A MANAGER (ENTERTAINMENT SME)
A superb opportunity for a talented analyst to oversee and develop FP&A within a growing SME, in a role which could serve as an ideal springboard for a FD of the future.
Fast-paced and diverse group (turnover c.£30m, part of an international group) - following a recent acquisition is looking to develop the way in which FP&A drives business performance and growth.
This is very much a value-adding role, reporting directly to a supportive and progressive FD you'll oversee reporting and analysis, with the aim of developing FP&A using PowerBI to become the central point of all data, working with internal customers to understand the business and develop meaningful reports.
Responsibilities will be varied and challenging and include:
• Management reporting - daily sales and margin analysis, monthly management reporting inc. KPIs, monthly consolidation and reporting to Group
• Monthly analysis of gross margin, payroll and utilisation
• Rollout and operation of a BW using PowerBI ensuring data is validated and represents "one version of the truth"
• Identification and implementation of process improvements within reporting to drive profitability
• Implementation of rolling monthly P&L and balance sheet forecasts
• Business partner support to leadership team
• Management of small team (currently 1, expected to grow over time)
The ideal candidate:
• Top of the criteria and non-negotiable for this position is highly developed analytical skills - the ability to communicate complex analysis simply and clearly to management, also strong Excel skills and experience of an advanced reporting tool like PowerBI or similar, which you will likely have maintained or worked with to develop reporting models
• Strong business partnering and commercial acumen - able to work with and educate non-finance colleagues, understand the business and "tell the story" in the numbers
• Manufacturing/engineering sector experience desirable but not essential
• Continuous improvement mindset - a track record in building and enhancing reports and processes to support business growt
• Qualification - the successful candidate will almost certainly be fully qualified (ACCA, ACMA, ACA), although exceptional candidates with all of the above boxes ticked may be considered.
Under the guidance and mentorship of a progressive and supportive FD who won't be staying in the business forever, this is a great opportunity for an aspiring FD of the future.